MARCH 2011

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Special K Challenge - Day 3 - Wednesday, November 11th

Today was one of those really tough motivation days. I just wasn’t feelin’ it, but I did it anyway. I followed my workout and my diet, although I did eat a very small piece of bread after I got home and before working out.

Concerning the diet, it does include a lot of bars and I agree with you Linda that bars are not always so good. Pretty much the only time I eat protein bars was for Breakfast which was a habit I picked up on deployment because it was just easier. However, my office doesn’t have a microwave and I was having trouble coming up with creative alternatives. So, I started getting a case of sandwichitis and boring saladitis which then led to the trips to Schlotzky’s and Arby’s. The Special K Bars are very convenient, affordable, and they satisfy my chocolate cravings!!

Day 3:

Breakfast - Special K Red Berries Cereal + Herbal Tea
AM Snack - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Snack Bar
Lunch - Vanilla Protein Shake + Strawberries
PM Snack - Italian, Tomato and Basil Crackers
Cheat Alert - Small piece of bread : (
Dinner - Turkey Burger topped with Guacamole and black bean, corn and tomato salad

Workout: 5 min warm up, 10 minute interval jogging, 5 min cool down followed by abdominal workout.

Today was a tough day because I wasn’t feeling very well, but I’m proud of myself for following through on the workout today. Tomorrow is an OFF day, yay!!

No comments: