MARCH 2011

Monday, November 9, 2009

Special K Challenge - Day 1 - Monday, November 9th

This week I've decided to start the Special K Challenge. It's amazing how easy it is to slip into laziness when it comes to work-outs when you are no longer on deployment and very angry! On deployment I was working out like crazy because 1) I didn't have anything else to do and 2) It was the only way I could sleep well and 3) It was the only way to get my anger out (Anger just goes with deployment). So, because I was working out so much I could really eat anything I wanted, especially since I usually only got 2 meals in a day. Well, that time is well over and I need to start reigning myself in before it gets bad. So, Special K Challenge and a new 6 week work-out program has started. I have decided that I might try to write about my 6 week experience here, just to keep myself motivated. My goal is to lose around 10 pounds, but really the poundage doesn't have to be exact, just need to tone up a bit.

Day 1: I unfortunately didn't weigh myself today because I didn't think about it until I got home from work, but I'm pretty sure it's around 120ish.

For breakfast I had yummy Special K Red Berries Cereal and some Hot Chocolate. Unfortunately I didn't eat my serving of fruit so I ended up being hungry later in the day. Morning Snack - Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Snack Bar (delicious!). Lunch - Vanilla Protein Shake (not as bad as I thought it would be) and Grapes. Afternoon Snack - Italian Tomato and Basil Crackers and Herbal Tea. Dinner - Open Faced Roast Beef sandwich with Black Bean, Corn and Tomato Salad.

The food was good, but I was really hungry after my workout. I am going to have to be super careful to make sure I eat everything I'm supposed to.

For my workout, I did 20min cardio (jogging) and an upper body workout. All in all, it felt good to be back in the healthy swing of things.

Wish me luck on Day 2!! All cardio day and I have to actually warm up breakfast and go in to work a little bit early, so we will see if I actually follow through on the scheduled breakfast of waffles. Sounds so good that it might just work!

1 comment:

lindalou said...

Good luck with your challenge. It's always good to document your progress. It really does help to keep you on the plan if you write it down.