MARCH 2011

Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Dream House

I am a freak when it comes to decorating and designing houses. I absolutely love doing it and I am obsessed at looking at design sites and DIY blogs. Unfortunately, I just haven't lived somewhere long enough or with the idea that I would be living there for very long to actually design my space. That certainly hasn't stopped me from dreaming of my perfect house. And, well, even just my permanent house. So, I have decided to share with all of you my ever elusive ideas of my future house in a several post series. Keep in mind that my dream house is going to be in Hawaii, which is the reason for the tropical, beachy feel.

First, I'd like to give you a glimpse at some of the key pieces that MUST be in my house!


This tile is a must. It's gorgeous. I've always pictured it in a bathroom but I bet it would look pretty nice as a backsplash as well. The tile is from Oceanside Tile.


I adore this bed. It is the perfect compromise between my husband and me. It's the beachy tropical touch I want in a sleigh bed which he really wants. It's from, of course, Pottery Barn.


Capiz shell lighting just screams Hawaii to me. West Elm has a variety of Capiz shell lighting in all different shapes and sizes.


I'm in love with this countertop for my Kitchen. It's recycled glass, so it's environmentally friendly as well as gorgeous. I won't go much further because I'll give away my dream Kitchen! This can be found at Granite Transformations and is under the Trend Glass collection. It's called Cosmic Brown! Love it!


And last, but certainly not least...this gorgeous painting! It is a painting of Pele the Hawaiian goddess of Fire. We have a poster of it which we tried to frame very nicely to class it up a bit. That is what we will have to start with until we can maybe, one day, afford to get an actual painting of it. This will be the centerpiece of our family room.

Hopefully this gives you a nice peak into my dream house. I'll be posting one room at a time once a week! I hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any ideas!

1 comment:

lindalou said...

This sounds like fun. It will be interesting to see your style as you roll this out.