MARCH 2011

Friday, August 6, 2010

Coupons!

For those of you who don't know, I am an extremely avid couponer. Obviously to save money, but it's also just awesome when you get great deals. You feel like you've won a competition or something. Well, today, I won big time!!

I mainly stick to CVS and Walgreens because they offer the Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards respectively. I always get help on these deals from SouthernSavers - (you don't have to live in the South for all of the deals). If you want to learn to be a super couponer I would suggest checking out the site. They have a ton of printable coupons as well as going through ads and giving examples of the deals you can get.

Here are the awesome deals I made today:

Walgreens:

Gillette Fusion Razor (normally $12.99) on sale for $9.89
Burt's Bees Lip Balm (not on sale but a must in this household) $2.99
6 Pack highlighters $0.19 (what a steal)
4 Powerades at $0.75 each - $3.00

Which means I owed $16.07
Minus $12.00 in coupons (including previous Register Rewards)= $4.07 (+ tax it came to $5.28)

Wait, that's not all - I got $5 back in register rewards, so I got all of that for only $0.28!! Awesome!

CVS:

Bonnie Bell Lip Smack in Dr. Pepper of course - $1.89
Venus Breeze Razor - $9.79 (normally $9.99)
Bic Soleil Shimmer Razor - $4.99 (normally $6.99)

Total - $16.67
Minus $14.00 in coupons (including previous Extra Care Bucks) = $2.67 (+ tax it came to $4.14)

Wait again! I got $5 back in Extra Care Bucks, which means I got this stuff for FREE!!!

Best coupon day so far!!

The great thing is that even if I didn't get the rewards, it still would have been awesome deals considering one of the razors alone is over $9!

Yay!

1 comment:

lindalou said...

Wow! That's some amazing couponing. (is that a word.) I'm pretty terrible at the whole coupon thing. I get some good ones from Kroger, especially the free ones. And I always use my Joann's coupons.

Well Done.