MARCH 2011

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Turkey Galore

Since my husband and I were apart for Thanksgiving and well, we just had a hankering for some turkey and mashed potatoes, we decided to have a mini-Thanksgiving last weekend.  We roasted up a turkey breast, made some garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.  Not exactly traditional, but it worked for a July Thanksgiving.  All of the leftover turkey made me think what a great idea this was.  You could get a whole turkey or whole chicken and make tacos, salads, pizza toppings, and we are even making empanadas from everyday ingredients, turkey and frozen pie crust. Anyway, it's so easy, so delicious, and so budget friendly! What's not to love!

2 comments:

lindalou said...

Mmmmm, turkey. It actually does sound good. I might try one on the grill (although I better refill the propane tank first).

Evan Peterson said...

Now you are sounding like your brother in law! It was a rare Thanksgiving that I didnt have turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey enchiladas, turkey tacos, etc. Let me know what creative ideas you and Zoli come up with.