MARCH 2011

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scrapbook Project

I know that you are all waiting on pins and needles for My Dream Home - Hall Bath, but I'm having some troubles finding certain items so you will have to wait a little bit. In the mean time, I'd like to share with you my latest project - Scrapbooking!

I've always been a scrapbooker, I have a Scrapbook for each year of college + other events that seem to be eternally in progress! Currently though, I was asked by my Step Mom to make a Scrapbook for my beautiful and talented step sister whom is graduating from High School this year! Ah! She is on a dance team at school called the Trojan Belles. They are pretty great and have been around for a LONG time so as you can imagine an organization like that tends to take over your High School experience....ie, she has a lot of stuff - I mean memories - that would probably just end up stored away in a box and forgotten. Enter the scrapbook:

I usually try to organize my scrapbooks in chronological order but this time I think I'm going to go with events - Football games, competitions, shows, trips, etc...

These are the stacks of things I'm going through, just waiting on some more pictures and then we can actually start designing pages!


I'm going for a girlie and glitzy feel while also paying homage to the school colors (blue and gold). I found this great scrapbook and solid paper at good old Michaels:


And then of course I like to throw in some fun paper and stickers and Bling!

You always need Holiday stuff and they sell poinsettia's at Christmas as a fundraiser - I'm pretty sure they hold the market for poinsettia sales in Austin! Ha!


Can't go wrong with Football (and pink glitter letters)!


They took a fun trip to New York her first year on the team, so this is crucial (again glitter is a must)!


This paper is just awesome! It's perfect for competitions or their shows!


And some fun girlie items are always necessary (who doesn't love zebra print paper)!


Hopefully this will all work out and come together nicely! I think it's going to be fun! I'll post my progress and some of the fun pages periodically!

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up         party!

1 comment:

lindalou said...

I didn't know you were a scrapbooker. Funny what we don't know about each other. Can't wait to get some glimpses of the finished product.