MARCH 2011

Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 25 - 29, December 3rd - 7th - Gift Wrapping Extravaganza!


Once again I know I haven't been very good at keeping up with the daily diet log, but lets face it, they can be pretty boring if I don't have anything else to talk about, so I am grouping up days as I go. From last Thursday to today, Monday, I have been doing very well on my diet. The diet has stayed in tact, however I did have a little hiccup with my workouts due to a late doctors appointment. I didn't get home until 7:00 from it and I just wanted to eat dinner, but I forgive myself, so you should forgive me as well :)

Todays topic is Christmas gift shopping and wrapping. I have been doing some Christmas shopping for the last few months (just little things) so that I wouldn't have to spend everything at once. This Saturday we shopped all day to finish up the list. We have everything we were going to buy and all we have left is some delicious food gifts. Besides the food gifts and one very oddly shaped item, I finished wrapping everything as well! I know, it's crazy!! But, we do have to ship everything so I felt like I needed to get all of this done as quickly as possible.

Have you noticed that way too often we tend to spend just as much money on the gift wrap as we do on the gift itself? Well, this year I decided to take some advice from a budget saving article and got some solid color gift wrap (on sale), some floral accents on sale, and then I splurged on some ribbon and gift tags. The great thing about the solid color gift wrap is that you can use it all year for any occasion! Here is the outcome of my fun day of gift wrapping:



2 comments:

lindalou said...

Beautiful job wrapping! They look professional.

A couple years ago, I started making my own tags. Very simple, but fun. It helps that I got several huge boxes of blank white tags when we closed one of our offices. I just decorate them with stickers and stamps.

KellyS said...

For some reason I just love gift wrapping! I know I am crazy. That is a great idea to decorate your own tags - especially with all of your stamps and such that you have!