MARCH 2011

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I love the Public Library!

My husband and I recently reintroduced ourselves to the public library. I remember during the summers when I was little my mom would take my sister and me to the library every week so that we could load up on books. That was the greatest, I loved that about summer time. I guess as we got older we forgot about the simple things and felt that we had to own things to show some kind of status or something. Well, we are done with that and we are now going back to the library! It's still really great, however it has become self service checkout, so I do miss going to the librarian and having her stamp your card. I loved the stamp and I loved seeing when the book had been checked out last or by whom. Besides that though it is still the same old lovable library. There are still all those wonderful books waiting for you to open them and start exploring.

4 comments:

kimberbee said...

Yes, I remember those days! Remember we used to do those contests in the summer to see how many books we could read? I remember you checking out all of your little picture books :)

bev said...

hello dear heart! long time, no talk or see or so freaking much more! it's good to read that you and zoli are doing well. are you still in hawaii??? peace and love ... bev.

KellyS said...

Bev - Unfortunately we are no longer in Hawaii : ( We are in the super hot desert of Arizona. But, regardless, it's good to hear from you! Are you in DC still? Love ya!

lindalou said...

This is a good reminder. I too have kind of forgotten about the Library.

I've never told anyone, but I would like to be a Librarian. I just love being around books. Which is funny cause as a kid...I didn't like to read. The love of reading came much later in my life.