MARCH 2011

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Let's Get Back to Cooking!


One of the reasons why I started this blog was because I wanted to do a little Julie & Julia, but with Betty Crocker, however it's been a little slow going. Z and I also decided that since we are trying to eat healthier, cooking from a Betty Crocker cookbook might not be ideal. BUT, do not fear, we have come up with a great solution. I will be cooking one complete meal with dessert from the Ellie Krieger cookbook, "The Food You Crave," each week. There are approximately 168 recipes (minus the seafood ones).

This is the first week and we are breaking the rules a little bit because there were three dinners that we really wanted to make, so dessert and sides will have to wait until next week. The three recipes that we will be making are a Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Walnuts and Spinach, Summer Corn and Vegetable Soup and Buffalo Chicken Salad. Buffalo Chicken Salad for Sunday dinner! Yay! Our cooking experience and pictures will be arriving Sunday evening!

Oh, and since we are on the subject of cooking, if you haven't ever read the Bakerella blog, you must! Everything looks so delicious!!

1 comment:

lindalou said...

This will be fun. I'm glad I get to come along on the ride.

Have you checked out Pioneer Woman yet. She's my favorite blogger. She's what got me started. (I love Bakerella too! I actually tired the cupcake pops...tasted great but looked terrible.)